[omniORB] Variable length, application specified object IDs

Tue, 28 Aug 2001 15:28:05 +0100

On Monday 27 August, Rakshit Simha wrote:

> I'm porting a system from Orbix to omniORB.  One of the CORBA servers uses
> Orbix's dynamic object loader facility and its functionality is reliant on
> Orbix's application-generated marker capability.
>
> Is there an equivalent in omniORB?  I have to use omniORB 2.8.0 - so I can't
> use the POA features.

There is no such feature in omniORB 2.8. Do you _really_ have to use
omniORB 2.8?  You could keep whatever existing code you have using
2.8, and create the new port with 3.0. They will happily coexist.

>    http://www.uk.research.att.com/omniORB/archives/1999-07/0202.html

If you really have to stick with 2.8, the above post looks like the
best bet. But using your own hacked version of omniORB isn't all that
different from just using the current up-to-date version.