[omniORB] >>= operator for type Any - where is it?

Jonathan Maton jmaton@viztek.net
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 14:50:27 -0400

I'm at my wits' end and hopefully someone can point out what I'm missing...

I want to use the "any" type and I want to extract members from it.
I've read the documentation and it states that using a -Wba flag with
omniidl will generate the code for the extraction/insertion operators.  I
see in the resulting .hh file the function signatures for
  void <<=    (two of these, and)
  CORBA::Boolean >>=     (also two of these)
and in the SK.cc file I do indeed see the definitions for the two insertion
("void <<=") operators.  I cannot, however, find the definition for the two
extraction operators anywhere, and this is driving me crazy.  Trying to
compile in MS Visual C++ 6 I'm getting the error message:
--
error C2678: binary '>>=' : no operator defined which takes a left-hand
operand of type 'const class CORBA::Any' (or there is no acceptable

Any help or obvious oversights on my part?

Thanks.
Jonathan Maton, Development Team
Viztek, Inc.

makers of the Onyx-RAD suite of medical software
(teleradiology, PACS, and DICOM)