[omniORB] Switch to use Winsock 2 in omniORB4?

Sai-Lai Lo s.lo@uk.research.att.com
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 17:50:57 -0000

I'm thinking of switching to use the Winsock 2 API in omniORB4. This is
because I would like to use the equivalent of ioctl SIOCGIFCONF on win32 to
get the information about the network interfaces available.

AFAIK, the equivalent in Win32 is SIO_GET_INTERFACE_LIST but this is only
available in winsock 2.

If I'm going to use that, it will mean that the ORB has to be linked with
the Winsock2 DLL instead of wsock32.dll.

I wonder if this will cause problems for applications if the rest of the
code is compiled with winsock v1.1. Does anyone have any view on this? Any
objections and the reasons why are most welcomed.

Please speak up asap for I'll have to do something rather quickly.

Regards,

Sai-Lai