[omniORB] Switch to use Winsock 2 in omniORB4?

Sai-Lai Lo s.lo@uk.research.att.com
Fri, 24 Aug 2001 17:32:36 -0000

I've switched to use winsock2 since nobody seems to mind :-) The changes
will appear in tonight's snapshot.

There are 2 notable changes that win32 users must note:

1. As required by the winsock 2 library, the compiler pre-processor
flag -D_WIN32_WINNT=0x400 is added. The omniORB4 make variables has been
updated accordingly.
2. The link option wsock32.lib is changed to ws2_32.lib mswsock.lib.

You will have to modify your MSVC++ project setting to include these
changes.

Let me know if this causes any problems.

Regards,

Sai-Lai