[omniORB] How to recover from "A servant has been deleted that is still act ivated"

Mark Johnson mark.johnson@onfiber.com
Wed, 22 Aug 2001 10:30:40 -0500

ENV: Solaris 2.8/CC

I'm new here, day 3 in corba/omniorb-ville.  I checked through the archives
and found out that the reason I got this error, "A servant has been deleted
that is still activated", is because I accidently ran the "echo" example
server twice.

My first question is how do I recover from it?  I tried killing the
omniNames process and restarted it that but that didn't work.  Can anyone
help me to get around this error?

The second question is how do I programmatically prevent this from happing
again.  I know that I could easily record a pid file and have my server
check to see if the pid file exists, but is there a way to programmatically
check CORBA style that there is already a server with the registered servant
running?

thanks for your time...

(ps: I'm starting chapter 3 of the 3.0 User's Guide)