[omniORB] How to recover from "A servant has been deleted that is still act ivated"

Wed, 22 Aug 2001 17:18:55 +0100

On Wednesday 22 August, Mark Johnson wrote:

> I'm new here, day 3 in corba/omniorb-ville.  I checked through the archives
> and found out that the reason I got this error, "A servant has been deleted
> that is still activated", is because I accidently ran the "echo" example
> server twice.

Precisely what happened?  Please explain what emitted the error, what
version of omniORB you are using, and what your platform and compiler
is.

It is no problem to start more than one echo server (I assume you mean
eg3_impl). The most recently started one over-writes the name service
entries for any earlier ones, exactly as it should. If you are seeing
a failure in doing this, something somewhere is broken.