[omniORB] [omniNotify] MaximumBatchSize parameter for sequence consumers

Rakshit Simha rsimha@orchestream.com
Mon, 20 Aug 2001 10:09:04 -0400

Hello,

I am using omniORB 3.0.2 with omniNotify 1.0, on sparc Solaris 2.6.  A
batch push supplier and batch push consumer have been ported from Orbix to
omniORB/omniNotify.

I am noticing buffering of events in the notifd - this is reasonable and
should be controlled by MaximumBatchSize and PacingInterval QoS parameters.
However, the latter is not supported in omniNotify 1.0.  In order to
avoid buffering, I wish to set MaximumBatchSize to 1 (default 10).

This was done using command line parameter to notifd.  However, I am still
seeing buffering (with an apparent batch size of 10).  So it didn't take
effect?  How should I specify this QoS parameter so that it applies to
all push consumers using that notifd?

$ notifd -MaximumBatchSize 1 -ORBInitialHost altura -ORBInitialPort 5554

Also, when is omniNotify 1.1 being released (currently in beta)?  This
will alleviate my problem as there is support for PacingInterval in that
version.

Thanks,
Rak.

--
Rakshit Simha                       Phone: (613) 599-2300 x8958
Senior Software Designer            Fax  : (613) 599-2330