[omniORB] module _omniidlmodule.so not found

Marco Herrn herrn@gmx.net
Sun, 19 Aug 2001 01:38:19 +0200

Hi there,

I am using Debian testing. Because I want to compile Berlin I fetched some
packages which are needed from debian unstable. One of those packages is
omniorb-dev_3.0.4-2_i386.deb. Then I tried to compile but got the error
message:

----/----
omniidl: ERROR!

omniidl: Could not open IDL compiler module _omniidlmodule.so
omniidl: Please make sure it is in directory /usr/lib
omniidl: (or set the PYTHONPATH environment variable)

omniidl: (The error was `No module named _omniidl')
----/----

But what is wrong? Because I used the official debian package I thought
everything would be ready to use.

A locate _omniidl didn't show up anything, so obviously there is no file
with that string.

Can you help me here?
--
Marco Herrn 		herrn@gmx.net
(GnuPG/PGP-signed and crypted mail preferred)