[omniORB] problems with exceptions and anys

Stefan Seefeld seefeld@sympatico.ca
Sun, 19 Aug 2001 16:06:30 -0500

I have a user exception that I catch in a client and want to report
with a simple '<<' operator. OmniORB complains about

'Error: function to insert the user exception into an Any is not available'

but I can't see where the any comes into play. Any hint would be
very appreciated...

Regards,
		Stefan

PS: the code in question looks so:

IDL:

   interface ServerContext
     {
       Kit resolve(in string type, in Kit::PropertySeq attr)
	raises (SecurityException, CreationFailureException);
     };

C++ client:

   template <class T>
   typename T::_ptr_type resolve_kit(Warsaw::ServerContext_ptr context,
                                     const char *name,
                                     const Warsaw::Kit::PropertySeq &props)
   {
     CORBA::Object_ptr object;
     try
       {
         object = context->resolve(name, props);
       }
     catch(const CORBA::Exception &e)
       {
         std::cerr << "Cannot resolve reference for " << name << ": " << e << std::endl;
         return T::_nil();
       }
     //...
   }