[omniORB] the .mk files

Vibhu Rishi vibhu.rishi@wipro.com
Thu, 16 Aug 2001 09:53:16 +0530

--------------InterScan_NT_MIME_Boundary

hi Folks
thanks for all the help.

I am back again with a question regarding the ODE (omni development
environment) that is used in omniORB. Could anyone please point me to
the correct direction to get to know how the compilation of the omniORB
takes place ??

thanks

vibhu..

Richard Hardgrave wrote:

>>From owner-omniorb-list@uk.research.att.com Thu Aug  9 02:12 CDT 2001
>>Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2001 12:28:38 +0530
>>From: "Vibhu  Rishi" <vibhu.rishi@wipro.com>
>>To: omniorb-list@uk.research.att.com
>>Subject: [omniORB] the .mk files
>>
>>hi folks
>>
>>I wanted to know where I can get more information about the .mk files ?
>>
>>I tried to write a simple CORBA application and made a simple makefile,
>>but that gave problems with the included files as there was some
>>platform dependencies that failed. Then I looked at the example
>>directories and came across the .mk files. I am not able to figure out
>>much of these files. So could anybody point me in the right direction ?
>>Are these files some Python scripts ? ( I do not know anything about
>>Python).
>>

>Hi Vibhu,
>	I went through what you're going through, about two months ago.
>You don't need to know anything about Python, but you may need to get
>a recent version (2.0) downloaded from a website that's referenced in
>one of the READMEs.  Above all, _read_ all of the READMEs relevant to
>your platform, especially the ones in $TOP/doc.
>	Since linux isn't too much different from Solaris, here's what
>I use for initializing my shell variables any time I'm in a window I'll
>need to build/run CORBA applications with:
>
>-------------------
>
>#!/bin/ksh
>#
>OMNI=/export/disk1/corba/omni
>OMNINAMES_LOGDIR=/export/disk1/corba/omni/omni/log
>OMNIORB_CONFIG=/export/disk1/corba/omni/omni/config/omniORB.cfg
>#
>LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/export/disk1/corba/omni/omni/lib/sun4_sosV_5.5:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>#
>PATH=/export/disk1/corba/omni/omni/bin/sun4_sosV_5.5:/export/disk1/corba/omni/mybin/bin
>:$PATH
>#
>MANPATH=$MANPATH:$OMNI/omni/man
>#
>alias make=/opt/gnu/bin/make
>#
>
>--------------------
>
>I, not being familiar with GNUmake, had to go to the OSF website to
>download the GNU Make Manual. It's extremely useful.
>
>Also, I've seen plenty of messages on this email forum all about
>getting the correct version of gcc coordinated with the particular
>version of linux you are using.  You'll have to get that information
>from someone else.
>
>Good luck,
>
>Richard
>
>>Also, I was wondering , since I do not need to work on any platform
>>other than Linux, is there some distribution that is totally customized
>>for linux, instead of the general stuff we have in the ftp files. ?
>>
>>regards
>>vibhu..

--------------InterScan_NT_MIME_Boundary

Information transmitted by this E-MAIL is proprietary to Wipro Limited and
is intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is
addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or
recipient or it appears that this mail has been forwarded to you without
proper authority, you are notified that any use or dissemination of this
information in any manner is strictly prohibited. In such cases, please
notify us immediately at mailto:mailadmin@wipro.com and delete this mail
from your records.

--------------InterScan_NT_MIME_Boundary--