[omniORB] Weird behavior with omniORBpy 1.x and ServantLocators

JohnD.Heintz JohnD.Heintz
Thu, 9 Aug 2001 11:08:08 -0500

On Thursday 09 August 2001 10:50, Duncan Grisby wrote:
> On Thursday 9 August, John D. Heintz wrote:
> > On Thursday 09 August 2001 04:03, Duncan Grisby wrote:
> > > The problem is that the POA does nothing to prevent concurrent call=
> > > to your ServantLocator and servant. You have a race condition where
> >
> > Really?
>
> Yes. Section 11.3.6 of the 2.4 specification says:
>
>   "No serialization of invocations of preinvoke or postinvoke may be
>    assumed; there may be multiple concurrent invocations of preinvoke
>    for the same ObjectId."
>
> >    Do interceptors behave the same way?
>
> What are you hoping to achieve with interceptors?  Whatever it is, all
> interceptors have to cope with the possibility of concurrent calls.

I was just hoping that the single threaded POA policy would do all the=20
serialization for me.  I know how to do it myself so I'll be fine though.

I also don't want to take any performance hits that are unecessary - but =
this=20
one looks necessary!  :-)

Thanks,
John

> Cheers,
>
> Duncan.

--=20

John D. Heintz | Senior Engineer

1016 La Posada Dr. | Suite 240 | Austin TX 78752
T 512.633.1198 | jheintz@isogen.com

w w w . d a t a c h a n n e l . c o m