[omniORB] omniidl preprocessor

Tue, 07 Aug 2001 11:02:56 +0100

On Wednesday 1 August, =?iso-8859-1?Q?Fr=E9d=E9ric_Bouvier?= wrote:

> I work on Windows NT 4 and omniORB 3.0.4 compiled from sources.  I
> am migrating a project in VC6 from omniORB 2.8.0 to omniORB 3.0.4.
> With omniidl2, I relied on the environnement variable (set by VC6)
> "INCLUDE". I think it works because CL was used as the
> preprocessor.
>
> Now with omniidl and its preprocessor omnicpp, is there a similar
> environnement variable ?  I browse the code and it seems that there
> are variables called C_INCLUDE_PATH, CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH and so
> on. Are they usable ? I also saw that the path separator is a colon,
> which works for Unix but not with NT (a semi colon would be better).

The simple solution is to use several -I arguments on the omniidl
command line. The C preprocessor is run in C++ mode so you could, in
theory, use CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH, but, as you say, it assumes a Unix
style path with colon separators.

It would be very easy to extend omniidl's Python front-end to read an
environment variable and turn it into a number of -I flags to the
preprocessor. If enough people want it, I'll add it.