[omniORB] omniORBpy question about Any values

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc@mediaone.net
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 00:22:10 -0400

Hi,

I am looking at the Python Language Mapping
at ftp://ftp.omg.org/pub/docs/formal/01-02-66.pdf

In section 1.3.9 "Mapping for an Any", in the code
example, I see the following:

o.foo(CORBA.Any(tc, v))

I believe that this example is misleading, because
in the IDL preceding the example, foo is the name
of an interface, not an operation.

I believe the example should read:

o.operate(CORBA.Any(tc, v))

where o is a interface of type foo.

I believe that this example should be changed in the specification,
since it is misleading for people who want to learn the Python
Language Mapping.

Can someone give me instructions on how to file a change request
to an OMG specification?  I assume that the omniORB developers have
been involved in the writing of the Python Language Mapping.

Thanks.

--
Craig Rodrigues
http://www.gis.net/~craigr