[omniORB] omniORB & MFC

Juan Esteban Bernabó Juan.Bernabo@OpenComm.com.br
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 14:55:45 -0300

We are developing a JTAPI (Java Telephony API)  implementation using C++ and
omniORB, this implementation runs under Linux RedHat 6.2 and we are using
omniORB 2.8.0.

The application is a telemarketing frontend developed in c++ and MFC under
Windows 98 and Windows 2000.

The problem is that when we put three or four frontends the hole things get
very very slow and some simple calls to the jtapi implementation get blocked
for a while and wih that the hole MFC application.

Frontend	---------------->	javax::telephony::Call.addListener(listener);

Frontend	---------------->	javax::telephony::Call.connect(...,...,...);

			      // Send to every listeners an event
		<---------------	m_listeners[x]->onCallConnect( ev );
		---------------->		ev->getCallId();
		---------------->		ev->getEventType();
		---------------->		return
		<---------------	return

The problem is that there are a lot of listeners and are in varius address
spaces.
I know that there is not enogh information to diagnose the situation, but i
would like to know if
some one had the same kind of problem and what would be the aproach to debug
this.

Thanks in advance,

Juan.

OpenComm - Open Telecommunication Solutions
Rua da Quitanda 96, Cj. 51 - CEP 01012-010 - Centro - São Paulo - SP -
Brasil
Tel: +55 (11) 3188-6000 - Email: info@opencomm.com.br