[omniORB] Echo *echoPtr vs. Echo_ptr echoPtr

Stefan Seefeld seefelds@MAGELLAN.UMontreal.CA
Tue, 24 Oct 2000 09:24:04 -0400

Duncan Grisby wrote:

> Since the C++ mapping says that for interface I, I::_ptr_type is a
> typedef to I_ptr. You won't have to change all calls to the template
> function, just the declarations of the object reference variables you
> pass to it.

speaking of which, I'v always wondered why there isn't a similar technique
available for accessing repoIDs. Wouldn't it make sense to provide an
I::_repoID member ?

Regards,	Stefan

PS: I asked this on comp.object.corba but never got any response.

Stefan Seefeld
Departement de Physique
Universite de Montreal
email: seefelds@magellan.umontreal.ca