[omniORB] Cannot get omniorb 3.0.2 to compile on Solaris 2.6

Fri, 13 Oct 2000 16:18:33 +0100

On Friday 13 October, Alwyn Schoeman wrote:

> That _omniidlmodules.so.... does it come with the source or is
> it built at compilation time?  If it comes prebuilt then my
> last error might be because I'm using python 2.0 and not 1.5.2.

If you are using the source distribution, it is built as part of the
omniORB build. If you have the Solaris binary distribution, then you
will have a problem using it with Python 2.0. You would also find that
the omniORB libraries failed to work with your CC 5.0 compiler, since
they were compiled with CC 4.2.

omniidl works fine with Python 2.0. I really think that the problem is
with your C++ compiler. Have you got all the latest patches?