[omniORB] Cannot get omniorb 3.0.2 to compile on Solaris 2.6

Alwyn Schoeman AlwynS@prism.co.za
Fri, 13 Oct 2000 17:16:48 +0200

Hi guys,

That _omniidlmodules.so.... does it come with the source or is
it built at compilation time?  If it comes prebuilt then my
last error might be because I'm using python 2.0 and not 1.5.2.

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Knight
To: Duncan Grisby
Cc: omniorb-list@uk.research.att.com
Sent: 10/13/2000 5:01 PM
Subject: RE: [omniORB] Cannot get omniorb 3.0.2 to compile on Solaris 2.6

And, our recent experiences with using G++ and the Sun assembler
(/usr/ccs/bin/as) has shown that you'd be best off by installing the GNU
assembler (in the "binutils" package).  Apparently G++ generates symbols
that are too long for the Sun assembler to grok.

Duncan Grisby:
> The Sun compilers are basically a disaster area. If at all possible, I
recommend that you use gcc 2.95 instead.