[omniORB] Memory leak resolution in MFC?

Sai-Lai Lo S.Lo@uk.research.att.com
02 Oct 2000 10:23:05 +0100

To call these memory leaks is very misleading. As I have pointed out
numerous times, these heap allocated memory are for static initialised
variables or data structures which got initialised *once* on program startup.
None of these will cause your program to eat away your memory pool.

We use purify, on Solaris and NT, to check for real memory leaks
frequently. If you can find one bug that causes the program size to
increase indefinitely I would be glad to hear that.

--
Sai-Lai Lo                                   S.Lo@uk.research.att.com
AT&T Laboratories Cambridge           WWW:   http://www.uk.research.att.com