[omniORB] Assert in omniORB on Solaris 6

Bill Minckler minckler@echoengineering.com
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 10:37:45 -0500

Hi All,
  I'm trying to load a shared object (using dlopen) on Solaris and start
up CORBA services using an object in the library.  On Redhat Linux 6.2
this works great, on Solaris I get the following assert when I call the
"_this()" method on my servant object.

omniORB: Assertion failed.  This indicates a bug in omniORB.
 file: ../omniInternal.cc
 line: 746
 info: pof
Abort (core dumped)

Could this simply be the way I compiled it (or omniORB)?  I'm using gcc
not the sun compiler.

I also have a problem with gdb crashing (on Linux) when it tries to load
any CORBA library.  Has anyone seen this (or know what version I should
be using)?  I'm using: "GNU gdb 4.17.0.11 with Linux support"

sorry if I'm asking something again, I searched the archive, really.  :)

Thanks,
Bill

--
		 Bill Minckler  -  Software Engineer