[omniORB] Extraction of Struct from Any

Monceaux, Weston P ERDC-ITL-MS Contractor Weston.P.Monceaux@erdc.usace.army.mil
Wed, 22 Nov 2000 10:49:20 -0600

------_=_NextPart_001_01C054A4.2D7F5264

Thanks to everyone for their help.  After re-checking all of my project
settings (both DLL and Client app), re-reading through some of the README's,
and receiving messages such as that listed below, I did find that I had not
set all of my multiple projects' Code Generation setting to "Debug
Multithreaded DLL" as stated in the README.win32.  That has fixed my
(user-inflicted) problem.

I thank you all again for your help.

Weston Monceaux

-----Original Message-----
From: Haarek Ryeng [mailto:Haarek.Ryeng@datarespons.no]
Sent: Tuesday, November 21, 2000 23:05
To: Monceaux Weston P ERDC-ITL-MS Contractor
Subject: Re: [omniORB] Extraction of Struct from Any

As this is at shot in the air I only post it to you, if it fixes your
problem send the solution to the list.

VC++ has a procject settings menu (be sure it is the debug project in the
pull down list), where you can use the C/C++ tab to select "Code
Generation". Here it is possible to set debug multithreaded..... and so on.
You could check this?

Cheers,

- Haarek -

"Monceaux, Weston P ERDC-ITL-MS Contractor" wrote:

On Tuesday 21 November, ?Duncan Grisby? wrote:

? What memory access violation do you get?  Do you get something about
? crtIsValidHeapPointer?  If so, the problem is that you are mixing
? debug and non-debug code. If your application is compiled with
? debugging, you must use the debug version of the omniORB libraries.

Thanks for the information.  It is a crtIsValidHeapPointer error.  And
before submitting this question, I checked everything to be sure that I was
using debug versions of all the omniorb libraries.  I have been out of touch
with Visual C++ for a couple of versions, so is there something I am missing
with setting up something as debug?  Are their other MS-specific libs that
should be replaced with debug counterparts that are not done automatically
by VC++?

The following are the omniorb libs that I have linked to, with the last one,
FSLib, being one that I have created (compiled as a debug version linked
against the listed omniorb debug libs):

omniDynamic302_rtd.lib omniORB302_rtd.lib omnithread2_rtd.lib FSLib.lib

Is there something that I have omitted?  Also would it be better if I
recompiled omniorb myself?  Would that have any (beneficial) effect?

I know this is likely slipping from an omniorb-related issue to my ignorance
of DLL management, so I apologize for wasting anyone's time.  I would,
however, be most grateful for any pointers.

Thanks,
Weston Monceaux

--
Haarek Ryeng
Senior Software Development Engineer

------_=_NextPart_001_01C054A4.2D7F5264

<HTML><HEAD>

<META content="MSHTML 5.50.4134.600" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2><SPAN class=564301715-22112000>Thanks
to everyone for their help.&nbsp; After re-checking all of my project settings
(both DLL and Client app), re-reading through some of the README's, and
receiving messages such as that listed below, I did find that I had not set all
of my multiple projects' Code Generation setting to "Debug Multithreaded DLL" as
stated in the README.win32.&nbsp; That has fixed my (user-inflicted)
problem.</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2><SPAN
class=564301715-22112000></SPAN></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2><SPAN class=564301715-22112000>I
thank you all again for your help.</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2><SPAN
class=564301715-22112000></SPAN></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2><SPAN class=564301715-22112000>Weston
Monceaux</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE
style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid">
  <DIV class=OutlookMessageHeader><FONT face="Times New Roman"
  size=2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B> Haarek Ryeng
  [mailto:Haarek.Ryeng@datarespons.no]<BR><B>Sent:</B> Tuesday, November 21,
  2000 23:05<BR><B>To:</B> Monceaux Weston P ERDC-ITL-MS
  Contractor<BR><B>Subject:</B> Re: [omniORB] Extraction of Struct from
  Any<BR><BR></FONT></DIV>As this is at shot in the air I only post it to you,
  if it fixes your problem send the solution to the list.
  <P>VC++ has a procject settings menu (be sure it is the debug project in the
  pull down list), where you can use the C/C++ tab to select "Code Generation".
  Here it is possible to set debug multithreaded..... and so on. You could check
  this?
  <P>Cheers,
  <P>- Haarek -
  <P>"Monceaux, Weston P ERDC-ITL-MS Contractor" wrote:
  <BLOCKQUOTE TYPE="CITE">&nbsp;
    <P><FONT size=-1>On Tuesday 21 November, ?Duncan Grisby? wrote:</FONT>
    <P><FONT size=-1>? What memory access violation do you get?&nbsp; Do you get
    something about</FONT> <BR><FONT size=-1>? crtIsValidHeapPointer?&nbsp; If
    so, the problem is that you are mixing</FONT> <BR><FONT size=-1>? debug and
    non-debug code. If your application is compiled with</FONT> <BR><FONT
    size=-1>? debugging, you must use the debug version of the omniORB
    libraries.</FONT>
    <P><FONT size=-1>Thanks for the information.&nbsp; It is a
    crtIsValidHeapPointer error.&nbsp; And before submitting this question, I
    checked everything to be sure that I was using debug versions of all the
    omniorb libraries.&nbsp; I have been out of touch with Visual C++ for a
    couple of versions, so is there something I am missing with setting up
    something as debug?&nbsp; Are their other MS-specific libs that should be
    replaced with debug counterparts that are not done automatically by
    VC++?</FONT>
    <P><FONT size=-1>The following are the omniorb libs that I have linked to,
    with the last one, FSLib, being one that I have created (compiled as a debug
    version linked against the listed omniorb debug libs):</FONT>
    <P><FONT size=-1>omniDynamic302_rtd.lib omniORB302_rtd.lib
    omnithread2_rtd.lib FSLib.lib</FONT>
    <P><FONT size=-1>Is there something that I have omitted?&nbsp; Also would it
    be better if I recompiled omniorb myself?&nbsp; Would that have any
    (beneficial) effect?</FONT>
    <P><FONT size=-1>I know this is likely slipping from an omniorb-related
    issue to my ignorance of DLL management, so I apologize for wasting anyone's
    time.&nbsp; I would, however, be most grateful for any pointers.</FONT>
    <P><FONT size=-1>Thanks,</FONT> <BR><FONT size=-1>Weston
  Monceaux</FONT></P></BLOCKQUOTE>-- <BR>Haarek Ryeng <BR>Senior Software
  Development Engineer <BR>Data Respons AS, 1/50 Wolfe St,2300 Newcastle, NSW,
  Australia <BR>Phone: +61 2 49261137 / +61 4 17421966 (work/mobile) <BR>&nbsp;
</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------_=_NextPart_001_01C054A4.2D7F5264--