[omniORB] IBM VisualAge 5.0

mdonahue@McLeodUSA.com mdonahue@McLeodUSA.com
Fri, 5 May 2000 09:14:58 -0500

Renzo -

Attached is the TARBALL I mentioned.  If you have any problems extracting it let
me know.  You will need to set your platform version in the config.mk file if
you are using AIX 4.3, I'm currently using AIX 4.2, but I have tested the
updates on both AIX 4.2 and 4.3.  I have included platform build files for both
AIX 4.2 and AIX 4.3.

If you need the omniEvents updates too, let me know, and I'll TAR them up and
send them to you also.

Enjoy,

- Mike Donahue
  McLeod USA Communications

(See attached file: omniORB_280.xlc.500.tar)

Mike,
        I will appreciate to get your modifications for building OmniORB 2.8
on VACPP 5.0, this will save us some time and frustrations, beside not being
able to understand why IBM releases two compilers at the same time. As
everybody, I hope that OmniORB people will include such modifications into
official releases soon or later.
Btw, I'm curious to know about any applied workaround related to the friend
operator errors we found so far.
Thanks,
            Renzo Tomaselli

Michael J. Donahue