[omniORB] Visibroker server with omniORB client

Laura Seidensticker Laura_Seidensticker@notes.ntrs.com
Fri, 24 Mar 2000 10:01:17 -0600

I have 2 questions.  First, is it possible to have an omniORB client to a
Visibroker server
that is not using the Naming Service?

Second,  my real problem is that I have a web server plug-in. It is a
Visibroker C++ client for Visibroker Java Servers.  I have purchased a product
that
uses a web-server plug-in that is an omniORB client for omniORB servers that
needs
to run on the same web server, so both plug-ins are running in the same process.

The Visibroker plug-in is a C++ library that is built and linked against the
Visibroker ORB.
Everything works together fine.  However, after one day of starting the
processes, the Visibroker
client starts getting CORBA::COMM_FAILURE.

Is it reasonable to have both the Visibroker and omniORB client in the same
process?