[omniORB] TCP device

E.Stoks edmar.stoks@ie.centric.nl
Sat, 25 Mar 2000 22:30:05 +0100

Hi,

I'm using OmniOrb 2.8 and I 've a problem with the IP address.

On the system I am using I have both a network-card (fixed IP address ) and a
modem to a NT server. The NT server (RAS)
returns an IP -address (from  a pool)  when making a connection. (thus the
ip-address for the card and the modem  Ip-connections are different).

Now my corba-client can invoke my corba server (via a mapped network-drive and
a file containing the IOR off the server).
The corba-client logs on to the server and sends his object-reference as a
parameter.  So far so good.

The problem is that the server can't reach the client via this
object-reference. I thought that the client uses the ip-address off the
network card to make his object-reference. But the server isn't connected via
the network card but via the modem connection.

After disabeling the network-card for  the client I can make the connection via
 the modem and everything works fine.

Is it possible to tell the ORB to use the modem connections IP-address  to
create the object-reference for the client?

Or is there an other solution to tackle this problem??

Cheers Edmar