[omniORB] Automatic CORBA integration

Bartosz Klimek bartekk@ics.agh.edu.pl
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 11:58:21 +0100 (MET)

On Tue, 21 Mar 2000, Jesper Nordenberg wrote:

>  I've written an object-oriented C++ application and would like to add
> CORBA to it. One way to do it is to write a wrapper that encapsulates
> the
> CORBA functionality for each existing class. However, this is pretty
> much
> work. I think it would be possible to modify the application source code
> slightly so that it can be used both as a library and as CORBA objects
> (similar to RMI in Java). Any pointers to where to find information on
>how to do this?

IMHO I don't it is a really good solution to transform each single class
into an IDL interface. I think you should do some design work and split
your application into several separate modules, and then create a sensible
interface for each of them. This is a more flexible solution and more
effective. Besides it requires less work.

Best regards,

---
Bartosz Klimek

Distributed Systems Research Group