[omniORB] Compile without multithreading support

Juergen Wind juergen.wind@gmd.de
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 10:13:08 +0100

--------------CD55D9C9610E84EA98797509

Giga Giguashvili wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Is there any way to compile OMNI ORB 2.8 without multithreading support.
> I mean,
> I don't want to link with pthread library.
>
> Here is the reason:
> We have several parallel application on SGI 32-64 bit platforms, that
> use SGI native threads.
> SGI manual says that any application using native threads must not link
> with pthread library.
>
> We may do fine without pthreads on SGI, but I'm not sure if OMNI ORB
> does :(
>
> Did anyone try to accomplish such a mission? Is it possible anyway?
> I want to add that performance is not the issue at all.\
>
> Thank you in advance,
> Best regards,
> Giga

Hi Giga,

I never tried to compile omniORB2 without thread support, but I have
another solution for you.
We had the same problem with our SGIs, so I ported the omnithread-library
to SGI's native thread ( means "sproc" ).

It works for nearly a year now. I can send you the patches if you want.

Regards,
    Juergen

--
Juergen.Wind@gmd.de, Phone:+49-2241-14-2290, Fax:-2040
GMD - Forschungszentrum Informationstechnik GmbH, IMK.VMSD

--------------CD55D9C9610E84EA98797509

Giga Giguashvili wrote:
link
Hi Giga,
another solution for you.
to SGI's native thread (&nbsp;means "sproc" ).
want.
<pre>--&nbsp;
Juergen.Wind@gmd.de, Phone:+49-2241-14-2290, Fax:-2040
GMD - Forschungszentrum Informationstechnik GmbH, IMK.VMSD&nbsp;&nbsp;
D-53754 Sankt Augustin</pre>
&nbsp;</html>

--------------CD55D9C9610E84EA98797509--