[omniORB] Compile without multithreading support

Giga Giguashvili gregoryg@ParadigmGeo.com
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 08:00:44 +0200

--------------733879BE73EB3DC3D93B231C

Hello all,

Is there any way to compile OMNI ORB 2.8 without multithreading support.
I mean,
I don't want to link with pthread library.

Here is the reason:
We have several parallel application on SGI 32-64 bit platforms, that
use SGI native threads.
SGI manual says that any application using native threads must not link
with pthread library.

We may do fine without pthreads on SGI, but I'm not sure if OMNI ORB
does :(

Did anyone try to accomplish such a mission? Is it possible anyway?
I want to add that performance is not the issue at all.\

Thank you in advance,
Best regards,
Giga

--------------733879BE73EB3DC3D93B231C

begin:vcard
n:Giguashvili;Gregory
tel;fax:+972-9-970-9337
tel;work:+972-9-970-9379
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Paradigm Geophysical
adr:;;Gav Iam 3 Shenkar St. 9;Hetzelia Pituakh;;46120;Israel
version:2.1
email;internet:gregoryg@paradigmgeo.com
title:Software Engineer
fn:Gregory Giguashvili