[omniORB] eg3_impl error and NamingService

Tue, 14 Mar 2000 11:10:32 +0000

On Tuesday 14 March, Sergiu Gavrila wrote:

> omniORB: Assertion failed -- mutex destroyed whilst still being used
>  by a condition variable.
>  This is a bug in omniORB. Please submit a report (with stack
>  trace if possible) to <omniorb@uk.research.att.com>.
>
> (If somebody can tell me how to make a stack trace ......)
>
> and I got also : "Application error: the instruction at "0x67ede12e"
> referenced memory at 0x0. ...."

The application error is a result of the assertion failure -- it
should permit you to enter the debugger and get a stack trace.

[...]
>   but if I try again or restart the omninames, the eg3_impl throws an
> exception (unknown) during :   testContext =
> rootContext->bind_new_context(contextName);

I'm not sure precisely what is going wrong. However, there is a
problem in the pre 2 version which prevents user exceptions being
caught on Windows. Please get the latest CVS version or FTP snapshot,
and try again. Hopefully that will fix the problem, but if not, it
will let us see what is really going on.