[omniORB] eg3_impl error and NamingService

Sergiu Gavrila sergiu@deuroconsult.ro
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 11:14:00 +0200

Hi, this is long, but I hope somebody can tell me what is wrong.

I have installed omniOrb300 pre2 for Win32 and I have some problems
running the POA version of echo sample. First there where some minor
problems building the sample (replacing omniidl3 with omniidl and adding
omniDynamic300_rt.dll to the libraries list), and then I try to run
them. Everything except  for eg3 sample worked fine. Running eg3_impl
was with some problems:

-I started omninames for the first time: omninames -start 1234. When I
closed omninames I got:

omniORB: Assertion failed -- mutex destroyed whilst still being used
 by a condition variable.
 This is a bug in omniORB. Please submit a report (with stack
 trace if possible) to <omniorb@uk.research.att.com>.

(If somebody can tell me how to make a stack trace ......)

and I got also : "Application error: the instruction at "0x67ede12e"
referenced memory at 0x0. ...."

I started omninames again, and then the eg3_impl, but the eg3_impl
receives an unknown exception during: "obj =
orb->resolve_initial_references("NameService");"

I added a key in registry, like the one in Readme but under
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORL\omniORB\3.0 (ORBInitialHost and
ORBInitialPort), I removed the log files for omninames, and started
again.
Now everything seems to work ok, (except when closing eg3_impl :
omniORB: WARNING -- an omni_tracedcondition was destroyed,
 but there are still threads waiting on it!
^C
) but if I try again or restart the omninames, the eg3_impl throws an
exception (unknown) during :   testContext =
rootContext->bind_new_context(contextName);

So, by adding the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORL\omniORB\3.0 key I
made  eg3_impl to go over resolve_initial_references, but the sample
works only for the first start of eg3_impl after a first start of
omninames.

Sergiu