[omniORB] Windows NT PYTHONPATH

Bruce Visscher visschb@rjrt.com
Thu, 09 Mar 2000 18:38:48 -0500

"D. Hollenbeck" wrote:

> What do I set PYTHONPATH to for the stock NT omniorb directory tree?
>
> I have the pre-compiled zip for NT, which I believe was 2.7
>
> Don't need to make anything with this zipped tree, since all EXE's
> and *.PYC's are there, ready for putzing.
>
> The problem is when running
>
>         \omni\bin\x86_win32\omniidl.exe
>
> I get:
>
> omniidl: ERROR!
>
> omniidl: Could not find Python files for IDL compiler
> omniidl: Please put them in directory D:\OMNI\BIN\X86_WI~1
> omniidl: (or set the PYTHONPATH environment variable)
>
> PYTHONPATH is indeed not set, but what specifically should it be set
> to?

Caveat: I haven't done any testing on NT, but you should be able to add:

	:/omni/lib/python

to the end of your PYTHONPATH variable, based on the location of the idl
compiler above.  (I don't know whether you need forward or backward slashes on
NT: on OpenVMS you use UNIX style directory names in PYTHONPATH. Maybe either
would work.)

HTH,

Bruce