[omniORB] omniORB in the real world

Barry Roberts blroberts@xactware.com
Fri, 9 Jun 2000 12:46:17 -0600

I've really enjoyed developing with omniORB, mostly because I could debug
right into the ORB and figure out what stupid thing I was doing causing
exceptions, but I'm wondering about deploying using it.

I'm developing with 3.0.  Assuming that it will eventually be similar to 2.8
in these respects, does anyone have any experience with the reliability,
scalability, and robustness of omniORB in a production environment that they
would care to share (positive or negative)?  Being a techie, the code looks
good to me, so I want to use it.  But the decision isn't mine alone.
Comparisons to overpriced^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H expensive commercial
alternatives would also be interesting.

Thanks in advance,
Barry Roberts