[omniORB] Compiler Front End (CFE) in OmniORB

Tue, 06 Jun 2000 16:59:04 +0100

On Tuesday 6 June, Marcus Gruendler wrote:

> Could you tell me how stable the compiler and its API currently are?
> Will there be many changes in the near future, or is it fairly stable?

The compiler front-end and its API should be considered stable. The
API is definitely not going to change, and the code has been in use
for a good few months with no bug reports.

> And the last question: is there any documentation available about how to
> implement a back end? Otherwise I'll take a look into the  examples in
> omniidl_be.

I've just checked in a draft omniidl developers' manual, which I had
had laying around for ages. I doesn't really say a great deal more
than the comments in the source, though. Hopefully it's easy enough to
see what's going on. Update from CVS or get tomorrow's FTP snapshot to
get the manual.