[omniORB] Problems with application initialization on NT

Bartosz Klimek bartekk@ics.agh.edu.pl
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 10:16:40 +0200 (MET DST)

Hello.

I have strange problems on Windows NT 4.0 with VC++ 6.0 and omniORB 2.8.0.
The project compiles and links but when I try to run the program, a window
pops up. It says: "Application Error. The application failed to initialize
properly (0xc0000005). Click on OK to terminate the application."

I debugged my program and it turned out that even the main function is not
run. Then I found out that if I comment out the declaration of a field in
one of the classes, the program runs. The field is a _var. It is not
static, and the class is not used at all (in the test application I
wrote).

The code itself should be fine because it runs well on Solaris. However,
on Windows NT I had to add some more code, using MFC.

If anybody can help me, please do. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

---
Bartosz Klimek

Distributed Systems Research Group