[omniORB] OmniNames crashing

James Riden jamesr@harlequin.co.uk
06 Jun 2000 10:50:50 +0100

"Shelton, Susan L." <Susan.Shelton@viatel.com> writes:
> I have been successfully running omniNames on an HP unix machine for about 5
> months.  I never had any problems until just recently, it keeps crashing.
> It core dumps with a
>
> 'SIGSEGV for stack growth failure.  Insufficient memory or swap space, or
> stack size exceeded maxsize.'
>
> error.  I then looked at the logging for omniNames and am seeing an
> assertion error:
>
> Assertion failed: pd_refcount >= 0, file ../strand.cc, line 166

Bruce Visscher mentioned this recently in :
Subject: [omniORB] omniNames crashes on OpenVMS Alpha with multiple
kernel threads enabled
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2000 17:17:46 -0400

I've seen this on NT 4.0 / x86 but very rarely and not reproducibly -
just the "Assertion failed: pd_refcount >= 0, file ../strand.cc". I
can't remember if the line number was the same.

Sorry, this is the lamest bug report I've ever written, but as I say
it doesn't happen often.

cheers,
  Jamie
--