[omniORB] omniORB 3.0.0 performance

Wed, 19 Jul 2000 18:59:46 +0100

When we released omniORB 3.0.0, we accidentally left some thread
tracing code turned on. This has quite a noticeable performance
penalty, especially for local calls.

We have now removed the tracing code, so if you update from CVS or the
bugfixes patch, you will get improved performance. The patch requires
that all omniORB libraries are rebuilt, but you do not need to rebuild
user code.

If you are using omniORBpy, that must also be rebuilt. Unfortunately,
for some unknown reason, the makefiles do not spot that omniORBpy
needs to be rebuilt. You must explicitly do "make clean" in the
omniORBpy tree before doing "make export".

Some time in the near future we will make an omniORB 3.0.1 release
which incorporates this change, as well as all the other bug fixes.

The bugfix page is at:

  http://www.uk.research.att.com/omniORB/omniORBbug.html