[omniORB] omniidl handling of include file paths

Chris Newbold chris.newbold@laurelnetworks.com
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 10:23:16 -0400

After playing with omniORB 3 for a week or so, omniidl looks very
good. Many thanks for the -C option and the -Wbkeep_include_path
option.

However, keep_include_path still doesn't do quite what I think
it should. It appears to preserve the absolute path by which
the included idl file was found and prepends that onto the
corresponding header file name in the output.

The problem is that, in our environment, there is no guarantee
that the generated header file can be found using that absolute
path. For example:

	bar.idl:

		#include <foo/foo.idl>

In our environment the only thing which you can count on is
that when compiling the idl file, and later the generated code,
the -I flags will ensure that you can find foo/foo.idl. The
absolute path, however, may be different for the idl file and
the generated header.

Is there any way to have omniidl preserve the _exact_ path
used in the idl? So in the above example, the generated code:

	bar.hh:

		#include <foo/foo.hh>

-Chris