[omniORB] SunOS 5.7, WS 5.0 and gethostbyname

Robert Jonsson ddskrjo@dataductus.se
Mon, 21 Feb 2000 22:55:11 +0200

Hello everybody,

After what seems like eons trying to compile omniorb (and other things)
with Workshop 5.0 I have gotten most things to work, including
omniEvents (I think/hope/pray). WS 5.0 is one odd compiler, too bad 4.2
has such lousy STL support, It looks a bit shaky.

Starting to merge omniORB and the new compiler into our project I
discovered that gethostbyname crashes hard with this configuration. As,
for some reason, gethostbyname seems wrapped by omniorb I think that's
where the problem is.

Anyone have a clue what to do, I need sleep pretty badly, perhaps I've
missed something obvious?

Regards
Robert Jonsson