[omniORB] SunOS 5.7, WS 5.0 and gethostbyname

Sai-Lai Lo S.Lo@uk.research.att.com
22 Feb 2000 10:29:43 +0000

WS 5.0 is terrible! Last time I checked in mid-Jan, with all the latest
patches applied, it still cannot generate correct code to run the
simpliest echo examples when giving it -O2. It looks like its optimizer has
optimized away one or more exception handling frame and as a result the
program terminates with uncaught exception when the ORB throws the
COMM_FAILURE exception.

I believe what I have written in <top>/README.SunC++5 is still true.
If you have to use that compiler, you must apply all the latest patches
plus using -g -O2. Even then there may be other compiler problems waiting.

For me, I give up and just use gcc-2.95.

Sai-Lai

--
Sai-Lai Lo                                   S.Lo@uk.research.att.com
AT&T Laboratories Cambridge           WWW:   http://www.uk.research.att.com