[omniORB] omniORB performance

Zeljko Rajic Zeljko.Rajic@brokat.com
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 13:57:53 +0100

Well, Sai-Lai Lo wrote this in an older mailing to this list:

> If during the time the thread holds exclusive access to the network
> connection another thread invokes on an object (which may or may not be the
> same object) that is in the same remote address space as the previous one,
> a new network connection will be created on-the-fly and will be used
> for delivering the new request.

So I guess omniORB does NO multiplexing of requests over one connection.
It opens a new connection when necessary.
However, I always thought there is quite a big overhead for creating a
new (socket) connection and that is more efficient to multiplex the
request onto one connection instead of creating new connections. But it
seems I am wrong !!

  Zeljko