[omniORB] omniORB performance

Armin Gerritsen a.a.gerritsen@phys.uu.nl
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 13:32:14 +0100

> They write that omniORB uses a 'thread-per-connection' model. Now I'm
> not sure if I understood everything correctly. They write that for every
> connection a separate thread is spawned.

BTW, Visiborker supports this too. At default Visibroker allocates one
thread to a group of session, default 5 I believe. The idea is that usually
only a few calls are made. Creating extra threads causes increased memory
use, but if you insist:

BOA_init( ..., ..., "TSession") ;

instead of TSingle or the defaul TPool.

Also check out this:

http://nenya.ms.mff.cuni.cz/thegroup/

They come to the same conclusion with repect to throughput figers but also
notice that with inter-ORB connection omniORB is limited because:

"The omniORB server is unable to process requests sent in parallel over a
single connection, thus it serializes requests from multi-threaded clienst
that send requests over a single connection."

But if I remember a post in this list three weeks or so agao,  I believe
that is better solved now.

Regards,

Armin