[omniORB] RE: (omniORB) HUGE memory leaks

John Cumming J.Cumming@Oberthurcs.com
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 15:53:00 +0100

<please refer to previous messages for original message>

Hi,

Cheers for the tips.. I'm just starting out with CORBA so some dumb mistakes
were made (releasing the _var type..)

I was having problems with the software hanging and looking at the
documentation
the NP_destroy() method appeared to be the solution, and it worked. There
was
obviously some other problem as well at that time cos it works without it
now. I
Should have known about the BOA not being required in the client (I did go
on a
course.... ;-) )

I've made the changes that you suggested but the memory leak is still there.
It
looks like it is created in the Stub code:

static const AnSAMessageHandler_proxyObjectFactory
AnSAMessageHandler_proxyObjectFactory;

I'm not entirely sure what this proxyObjectFatcory is all about so I'm not
sure
how to handle it. It looks to me like it is creating a list of exceptions
and
not freeing them... any more ideas???

cheers

John

|   !__|___|__!   John Cumming                     |
|   |__|   |__|   Software Engineer                |
|   |__|   |__|   Oberthur Card Systems            |
|   !__|___|__!   J.Cumming@oberthurcs.com         |
|                 tel: +44 (0)1684 854239          |