[omniORB] RE: (omniORB) HUGE memory leaks

Sai-Lai Lo S.Lo@uk.research.att.com
15 Feb 2000 16:54:11 +0000

> I've made the changes that you suggested but the memory leak is still
> there.  It looks like it is created in the Stub code:

> static const AnSAMessageHandler_proxyObjectFactory
> AnSAMessageHandler_proxyObjectFactory;

> I'm not entirely sure what this proxyObjectFatcory is all about so I'm
> not sure how to handle it. It looks to me like it is creating a list of
> exceptions and not freeing them... any more ideas???

AnSAMessageHandler_proxyObjectFactory is a singleton that is initialised
in the global initialiser of the stub code. It is normal to have this
instance initialised.

Its function is to create the object references of the interface
AnSAMessageHandler that the ORB returns to you. None of the methods in the
class throws any exception under normal operation. I suspect somehow your
memory checker is confused.

Have you removed the CORBA::release(obj) call? This is more likely to cause
havoc to your program.

Sai-Lai

--
Sai-Lai Lo                                   S.Lo@uk.research.att.com