[omniORB] OmniORB in the kernel space ?

casillas_juan_M/madrid_tecnologia2@sinvest.es casillas_juan_M/madrid_tecnologia2@sinvest.es
Wed, 9 Feb 2000 08:44:14 +0100

Hello

      Yesterday, I was talking with a friend about distributed operating=

systems,
      and the new technologies, so the question is: If we have a ORB in
the =20
      kernel space, just like another device driver, we can use this ORB=

      distribute some kernel's services ?

         Our hipotetic kernel has the basic network code, some device
         driver management code, that is, only the basics =20
         (just like a microkernel has) and the rest of the services can
         be distributed using CORBA interfaces ...

      Modularize OmniORB could be useful ?
      Im writting a Distributed management environment (GAP Project) and=

      I found this idea very interesting ...

Thanks
Kind Regards

Juan Manuel Casillas