[omniORB] omniORB 2.8 on ALPHA/openVMS (fwd)

Bruce Visscher visschb@rjrt.com
Tue, 08 Feb 2000 10:56:34 -0500

John,

> I have been having some difficulties with building omniORB 2.8 on openVMS
> V6.2. Previously, I had absolutely no trouble whatever with building omniORB
> 2.7. The problem that I have is that there seems to be a good deal in the
> new build scripts (mainly associated with shared exe.s) that are only usable
> with openVMS V7, but which occur irrespective of the settings I make in the
> config file. Another feature of this is that I cannot seem to disable the
> shared exe. build (my first attempted work-around). I have worked through
> the scripts making them V6.2 compatible, but still have problems. It strikes
> me, though, that these problems have probably been encountered elsewhere and
> that revised scripts and .MMS files might well be available: am I right?

In fact, I have received e-mail from a user who had problems building on
VMS 6.2 using MMK.  He managed to build successfully, so I have asked
him to e-mail a patch so I can incorporate it.  In the meantime, if you
could let me know specifically what problems you are having I'd be glad
to help.

Bruce Visscher