[omniORB] omniORBpy port OpenVMS problem

Bruce Visscher visschb@rjrt.com
Wed, 02 Feb 2000 19:16:43 -0500

Me again,

I have successfully ported omniORBpy to OpenVMS Alpha (at least to the
point of running the examples in releasenote).  However, if I follow the
instructions, it produces a directory tree that is 9 levels deep (e.g.,
$(TOP)/src/lib/omniORBpy/omniidl/python/be/cxx/skel).  This causes
problems since VMS is limited to 8 directory levels (:-().  I have
worked around it, but this might become rather inconvenient for VMS
users.  For example, there's no way a directory tree like this can be
unpacked from a tarball in a simple operation.

When this is released could the directory structure be rearranged a
bit?  E.g., making omniidl a peer of omniidl2 in $(TOP)/src/tool would
seem appropriate.

Thanks,

Bruce Visscher