[omniORB] OmniORB on Windows NT 4.0

Armin Gerritsen Armin.Gerritsen@philips.com
Fri, 15 Dec 2000 15:04:07 +0100

>I currently am working on Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack 6.0 with Visual
Studio
>6.0, with Service Pack 4.0 for Visual Studio.  When i try to stringify my
object
>reference to an ior string to write into a file i get an exception on the
>object_to_string method call.  I have encapsulated my omniORB functionality
>inside a Microsoft COM (Component Object Model) object .  My COM object is
>defined to be in a Multi-Threaded apartment.  Are there any known problems
with:

>1)  OmniORB on my current configuration.

No, I use the same configuration on several machines.
I would recommend to use the static link though and not the DLL's since they
seem to be incompatible in some cases with the binairy DLL's which are
compiled in VC++ 5.0. (I personally don't see how this could ever be a
problem, but it seems to be, and since static links makes distribution also
easier, I always link staticly)

>2)  OmniORB and Microsoft COM.

The multi-thraeded apartment shoudl be right. Should work I supose.
You are sure you can use the omniORB object? (Trivial maybe, but I had a
similar problem once and it turned out the problem occured much earlier and
he whol connection wasn't made.)

Regards,

Armin
--
Philips Semiconductors B.V.
Systems Laboratory Eindhoven (PS-SLE)

Dragsters, you can train a Monkey to drive straight.
Take a turn sometime and see if you can handle it.