[omniORB] omniORBPy and CORBA sequences

Marcus Gruendler runner@i5.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Wed, 23 Aug 2000 18:22:49 +0200

Hi,

I have a problem sending a sequence of structs from a python client to a CORBA
server. I simply don't know what I am doing wrong (I must admit that I have only
basic knowledge in Python).

I want to send HyperLinks via the storeHyperLinks() operation as defined below.
But on the execution I get this error:

BAD_PARAM: Minor: 0, Completed: COMPLETED_NO.

I tried to create a HyperLinks object but then I get an exception which says I
cannot create objects of this type. What am I doing wrong?

I would be glad for any help!

Bye, Marcus

P.S. I am running omniORB 3.0.0 and omniORBPy 1.0 on Win32

--------- IDL definition:

struct HyperLinkData
{
	string name;
	string href;
};

typedef sequence<HyperLinkData> HyperLinks;

interface itf
{
	void storeHyperLinks(in HyperLinks linkdata, in long entry_id);
};

---------- Python code snippet:

data = []
for hyperlink in linkdata:
        entry = _GlobalIDL.HyperLinkData('foo', 'bar')
        data.append(entry)

# Invoke the storeHyperLink operation
eo.storeHyperLinks(data,int(entry_id))

--
 Marcus Gruendler
 runner@i5.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
 Chair for Information Systems & Database Technology
 RWTH-Aachen University, Germany