[omniORB] Orbix 3.0.1 URI Template

jiwils - Jimmy Wilson jiwils@acxiom.com
Wed, 23 Aug 2000 11:03:15 -0500

I recently had some trouble getting omniORB 3.0/3.0.1 clients to communicate
with Orbix 3.0.1 servers when using the URI method to obtain an object
reference because the ObjectKey part of the URI can vary widely.  Anyway, by
taking the IORs of several Orbix server objects, I come up with a best guess
URI template for Orbix 3.0.1 server object references.  I wanted to share it
with everyone else.

any)>_<object name>%00

<machine> is the name of the machine the Orbix daemon is running on.  If the
hostname of the machine doesn't work, trying using the full hostname (with
the domain).

<port> is the port the Orbix daemon is listening on.

<IR name> is the name of the servant as listed in the Interface Repository.
This can be obtained by using the "lsit" command.

<namespace (if any)> if you IDL uses namespaces, this is the namespace of
the object (IDL interface) that you are trying to talk to.  If there is no
namespace for the object, the trailing '_' character should be left out.

<object name> this is the name of the object (IDL interface) that you are
trying to talk to.

Jimmy
--
James "Jimmy" Wilson