[omniORB] omniORB 3.0.1 is released.

linch@att.com linch@att.com
Tue, 22 Aug 2000 14:15:40 -0400

Sai-Lai,

I just checked out the 8/18 CVS for omniORB3.0.1 on Solaris 2.6. I had no
problem building the src, but had problem building the examples. I noticed
that some makefiles under /mk have been changed quite a bit compared to the
3.0.0 release, e.g., ./mk/afterdir.mk, which is affecting the build of these
examples (basically, no idl files were copied to the ./stub directory). Am I
missing something here?

Thanks,
Cheng

-----Original Message-----
From: Sai-Lai Lo [mailto:S.Lo@uk.research.att.com]
Sent: Friday, August 18, 2000 12:44 PM
To: omniorb-list@uk.research.att.com
Subject: [omniORB] omniORB 3.0.1 is released.

Dear omniORB users,

omniORB 3.0.1 is now released. This is a minor update to 3.0.0.

The list of changes can be found here:

http://www.uk.research.att.com/omniORB/omniORB_3/ReleaseNote_omniORB_301.htm

There are 2 main reasons for this release:

1. Bug fixes. In particular, win32 users are strongly recommended to update
   to this version because of bug 16 in omniORB 3.0.0
     (http://www.uk.research.att.com/omniORB/bug300.html)

2. A stub library of COS (common object services) IDLs is added. This is in
   preparation for a soon-to-be released COS service.

Pre-built binaries for the supported platforms are available at the usual
place.

Enjoy,

Sai-Lai

--