[omniORB] Getting memory leaks detected with VC++ 6 and omniORB 2.8.0

Mon, 21 Aug 2000 15:19:09 +0100

On Friday 18 August, "Mike Bendickson" wrote:

> I recently started using the _CrtSetDbgFlag to try and track memory leaks in
> my projects.  Seems to work well for the most part, but when I try to
> gracefully shut down a server, I get a lot of leak messages.  I'm wondering
> if I'm doing something wrong, or if the CRT functions are not able to
> acurately trace memory leaks with omniORB.

This has been discussed many many times before. The most recent
discussion starts here:

  http://www.uk.research.att.com/omniORB/archives/2000-08/0050.html

The short version is that they aren't memory leaks -- they are
singleton objects which are statically constructed.