[omniORB] omniorbpy: why attributes and ops have no repository ID ?

Mon, 21 Aug 2000 14:32:33 +0100

On Sunday 20 August, Richard Gruet wrote:

> I wonder why in the omniORBpy AST tree, there is no repository IDs for
> operations and attributes (these nodes inherits from Decl, but not from
> DeclRepoId), whereas in the IDL spec of the Interface Repository, both
> struct OperationDescription and  struct AttributeDescription have a
> member 'id' of type 'RepositoryId'.

You really mean omniidl, not omniORBpy...

Anyway, the reason for not treating operations and attributes as
declarations with repoIds is that, as far as an IDL compiler is
concerned, you don't need to know that information -- only types need
to have repository ids. However, looking at the interface repository
chapter again, I see that you're right. If omniidl is to feed an
interface repository, it should generate repository ids for operations
and attributes.

It will be pretty easy to add support for repository ids on
operations, but not so easy with attributes. The way attributes are
represented at the moment, there is no suitable node to attach a
repository id to. I'll think about it.